Doctors and Staff
Meet the experienced and friendly dentists and staff who make Dr. Stephen H. Dunn, DDS, PA the leading provider of oral hygiene and personalized dental services in Ocala.
Dr. Stephen H. Dunn, DDS
Dr. Dunn knew that he wanted to be a dentist at the age of 14. His older sister became a dental hygienist and her passion was contagious enough to inspire young Stephen. During college he worked at the University of Maryland School of Dentistry as a researcher and become involved in the publication of articles in the International Association of Dental Research. In 1979 he graduated Magna cum Laude from the University of Maryland Baltimore County with a dual degree in Chemistry and Biochemistry. Due to his work transition to dental school at the University of Maryland School of Dentistry was easy. In 1983 Dr. Dunn graduated from dental school and, having received a commission in the US Army Dental Corps, was assigned as a dental officer to the 24th Infantry Division at Ft. Stewart, Georgia. After active duty, he remained for the next four years in the reserves and was attached to a rapid deployment dental unit out of Savannah, Georgia, assigned to the Middle East. During this time, Dr. Dunn practiced in Jacksonville, Florida. In 1988, Dr. Dunn acquired the practice of Dr. Duane Seibert in Ocala, Florida. From downtown Ocala, he moved his practice out to Timberridge Medical Park. After 24 years and two expansions the practice moved again to the present location at 7555 Southwest Highway 200 in front of Lowes.
Dr. Dunn is married to Shelley and has three grown children and three grandchildren. He has been a board member for the Boys and Girls Club of Marion County, Project Hope, and The Centers. For over 20 years he has instructed the Confirmation class at Queen of Peace Catholic Church. He likes to run, swim and cycle.
In order to give patients the best care possible, continuing education has always been a major theme in his practice. Some of the programs Dr. Dunn has been involved include:• American Dental Association since 1983
- Marion County Dental Association (past president)
- Academy of General Dentistry Fellow and Master Member since 1983
- Fellowship in the International College of Implantologists
- International College of Craniomandibular Orthopedics
- Florida Association for Dental Anesthesiology
- University of Florida Comprehensive Dentistry Continuum – 600 hours
- University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Dentistry Comprehensive Program
- Las Vegas Institute of Dental Education – Continuum of Cosmetic and Neuromuscular Dentistry
- Orthodontic studies – Continuum of Education in Orthodontics, TMJ, Sleep Dentistry – over 700 hours
- IV Sedation Training with Dr. Daniel Becker – Sinclair Community College
- Misch Institute – Continuum for Implant Dentistry
- Pikos Institute – Continuum for Implant Dentistry
- Kios Dental Institute – Continuum for Comprehensive Dentistry (presently enrolled)
- University of Florida Implant Educators – Continuum for Implant Dentistry
- University of Florida Executive Practice Management – Continuum of Dental Practice Management
- Orthodontic Studies with Dr. Jay Gerber – over 700 hours
Dr. Guneshi de Mel, DMD
Dr. de Mel grew up in Sri Lanka and has lived in Florida since 2004. She attended Broward College, was a member of the Honors Institute, and received her Associate of Arts Degree graduating with Highest Honors. She then attended the University of Central Florida graduating Cum Laude as a member of the Burnett Honors College with a Bachelor of Science in Biology. Dr. de Mel received her Doctorate in Dental Medicine from the University of Florida. While at UF she received the Ethics Award from the Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society, Student Servant Leadership Award from the Academy of Dentistry International and the Humanitarian Award from the International College of Dentists.
Dr. de Mel likes to give back to the community locally in the State of Florida and internationally through annual mission trips to Guatemala. She is a member of the American Dental Association, Florida Dental Association, Marion County Dental Association and the Academy of General Dentistry.
Dr. Ann Ho, DMD
Dr. Ann Ho is a native of the Tampa Bay area. While she is new to Ocala, she is no stranger to Central Florida. For nine years she called Gainesville home attending the University of Florida and earning a Bachelors in Food Science and Human Nutrition, a Masters in Health Education and Behavior, and finally her Doctor of Dental Medicine degree at the college of dentistry. Dr. Ho is an active member of the Academy of General Dentistry, American Dental Association and the Florida Dental Association. She is committed to continuing her education in dentistry and providing the best treatment for her patients.